It seems the entire beauty world – including magazines, blogs, drugstores and boutiques – is in love with dry shampoo. This water-less fix for dirty, oily or flat hair is today’s favorite hair trick of top beauty gurus and girls on-the-go. Though dry shampoo is a current beauty craze, Psssst!® the TRUE original dry shampoo isn’t new to the scene. This cult-classic has been a longtime secret weapon of hairstylists and beauty connoisseurs who rely on its instant, style-saving results. For over 40 years, Psssst! Instant Dry Shampoo has been dedicated to extending the life of blowouts and hair color and style with innovative technologies and superior product performance to refresh and revive hair on-the-go.
If you haven’t already become a diehard dry shampoo fan, you may be wondering WHAT IS IT, WHY DO I NEED IT AND HOW DO I USE IT?
Read on for answers and a step-by-step breakdown on using dry shampoo from the experts.
WHAT IS DRY SHAMPOO?
Dry shampoos are a “no water required” solution to refresh and revive oily roots and tired locks anytime and anywhere. They come in a variety of forms from aerosol sprays to powders and foams. Psssst! is a lightweight, aerosol spray with talc-free powder that soaks up dirt, sweat, product build-up and oils from your roots while boosting volume. Once the formula is brushed out, the impurities leave with it and hair looks, feels, and smells cleaner and fresher.
WHY DO I NEED PSSSST! INSTANT DRY SHAMPOO IN MY LIFE?
Take a look at the list of Psssst! dry shampoo benefits and ask yourself how you ever lived without it.
- Simple, quick and convenient. Refreshed and revived hair in minutes. Psssst! is a hero on mornings when sleep is more important than shampoo, and perfect to carry in your purse when your schedule takes you straight from the gym to work or dinner with friends. It’s also perfect for a weekend getaway!
- Perks up lifeless locks. Psssst! revives your second-day (or third-day!) hairstyle, whether it’s a ponytail or beachy waves.
- Makes the most of blowouts. Psssst! extends the life of a blowout, amplifying the body and bounce for a few more precious days.
- Protects hair color and highlights. Psssst! prolongs the life of your color by letting you shampoo less often and reducing the gradual fading caused with each wash.
- Boosts volume, texture, and hold. Psssst! pumps up limp locks and gives grip to hair that’s too slippery to hold for perfect braids, buns or updos.
- Superior product performance with a unique non-clogging spray valve.
- Psssst! offers a variety of fun fragrances that bloom over time as well as unscented: Original, Tropical, Sugar Berry, Fruity Floral, and Unscented.
- Psssst! dry shampoos are formulated without parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, GMO’s (Genetically Modified Organism), triclosan, and are talc-free.
HOW DO I USE PSSSST! INSTANT DRY SHAMPOO?
Like all beauty tools, technique is everything! Here’s the “how-to” in 3 simple steps:
STEP 1: SPRAY. Shake the can vigorously and hold it 6” to 8” from your hair. Spray lightly and evenly onto your scalp and roots, using short bursts. Going around your head, lift two-inch sections of hair and spritz at the roots to make sure you’ve reached each area with product. Shake the can between sprays for best results.
STEP 2: MASSAGE. Work the product into your roots with your clean fingertips. Score body-building bonus points by flipping your head upside down while you massage the product through the lengths of your hair.
STEP 3: BRUSH & GO. Brush through your hair and style it as you like…take advantage of your extra free time thanks to the instant refresh wonders of dry shampoo!
A WORD OF ADVICE…
When used correctly, dry shampoo is a pretty fail-proof product, but watch out for these common mistakes:
- Spraying too close to your head will leave you with uneven product and potentially caked-on patches that will need more massage muscle.
- Heavy layers of dry shampoo will defeat the purpose and leave your hair looking dull and weighed down. You can always add more product if needed.
- Spraying dry shampoo on hair that’s damp or wet (from water or from hairspray or other products) will form a gunky mess.
- Using dry shampoo as your only form of shampoo or relying on it for more than a few days between a proper, full-on suds and rinse shampoo causes product build-up that’s bad for your hair in the long run. Your hair and scalp benefit from the clean slate that only regular shampoo provides.
Psssst! Instant Dry Shampoo works wonders to refresh and revive hair on-the-go so you have more time to focus on what matters most…having fun!